Make it ‘A Roast to Remember’ and do your bit for dementia awareness
In 2018, an estimated 425,416 Australians will be living with dementia, the second leading cause of death in our country. Alarmingly, 250 people per day are being diagnosed.
In response to these alarming figures and a need to support and educate those living with and affected by dementia, leading not-for-profit community-based organisation, Community Vision, has developed A Roast to Remember.
This bold campaign encourages people to get friends and family together for A Roast to Remember this Spring to help fundraise for a much-needed community dementia bus that will offer West Australian’s respite, education and peace of mind.
The dementia bus will focus on the wider community who don’t have immediate access to local services to trial some of the new innovations such as Virtual Reality and therapy techniques for methods of dealing with a loved one with dementia. As well as giving a respite break to carers, those staffing the bus will be able to provide useful advice to carers and provide education to schools, to workers and those living with dementia across regional and metro locations in Perth.
A Roast to Remember is creating a great occasion to invite friends and/or family for a meal, serve a roast (beef, lamb, chicken, pork, fish or roast veggies) have lots of fun plus raise funds for a great cause.
To register to host an event or for more ways you can donate to this cause visit www.aroasttoremember.com.au
- Top 10 Christmas Gift Ideas for Seniors - December 2, 2019
- Airport Shuttle Perth - July 23, 2019
- How To Stay Up To Date About Crime In Your Area - July 5, 2019
- Top Tips for Autumn and Winter Pond Maintenance - June 18, 2019
- Portside Grill Hillarys - May 8, 2019
- Cafe 16, Kelmscott - May 8, 2019
- Fremantle Cemetery Heritage Walk Trail One - May 8, 2019
- Samson House, Fremantle - May 8, 2019
- Turquoise Bay, Cape Range National Park - March 8, 2019
- RAC Exmouth Cape Holiday Park - March 8, 2019