Within the walls and gardens of the Taylor’s Art and Coffee House in Middle Swan, there is a door opening onto a time gone by. As you step through the doorway of Annie’s Vintage Wonderland you are thrown hurtling back to your childhood, with an eclectic mix of toys and collectables amassed over the years that will delight both older and young generations. The shop is packed to the rafters with vintage, retro and bric-a-brac, and is a cross between a flea market, a garage sale and an antique shop. At every turn, you will find a toy you can remember playing with as a child, a comic that you used to race down to the newsagents every week to buy with your pocket money, or the dresser that sat against the wall of Grandmas kitchen.
Annie, the owner of the store is a delightful lady; happy to let you spend your time browsing and reminiscing amongst the old and the quirky wares, or chat about items she has in the shop that you haven’t seen for some time, all without the usual pressure to purchase, and if you’re after something in particular she is more than happy to source it for you.
As well as selling vintage wares Annie also has a selection of vintage and reproduction pin-up clothing, and the shop is one of the few in Western Australia that stocks Annie Sloan Chalk Paint: a favourite amongst restorers and up-cyclers.
If you enjoy whiling away time browsing amongst quirky memorabilia, or if you’re in the market for a new swing dress, then Annie’s Vintage Wonderland should definitely be on your radar.
Address: Taylor’s Art and Coffee House
510 Great Northern Highway, Middle Swan
Opening Hours: Wednesday-Friday 10am-3pm
Saturday & Sunday 10am-4pm
- Big 4 Ocean Beach Holiday Park, Denmark - April 19, 2019
- Paperbark Merchants, Albany - April 19, 2019
- Ellen Cove Boardwalk Trail, Albany - April 19, 2019
- Emporium Bistro, Bridgetown - April 19, 2019
- Bremer Bay Beaches Resort and Tourist Park - April 19, 2019
- Albanys rugged coastline, and my exhausting attempt to conquer it. - April 19, 2019
- Desert, River, Sea. Portraits of the Kimberley at Art Gallery of WA - April 12, 2019
- The Brig Amity Replica, Albany - April 4, 2019
- The Aftermath Film Review - April 4, 2019
- Dumbo Film Review - March 29, 2019