The Whitfords City new Entertainment Precinct has proved very popular since opening in late 2017. The large open space is ideal for kids to run around and the live music on the weekends certainly entertains the hungry hordes at the surrounding restaurants. Bangkok Brothers is one of the precinct’s star performers.
We visited for a late lunch after going to the adjacent Event Cinemas and were impressed with the menu although the service was quite slow.
There is a large indoor and outdoor seating area with comfortable chairs and the inevitable fans circling lazily overhead.
My husband chose the prawn Tom Yum ($14.90). He thoroughly enjoyed it but did mention it was not for the faint hearted – very spicy. I went for the Prawn cakes ($13.90) These four large breadcrumbed cakes were delicious. Minced prawns were mixed with pork and herbs and marinated before being deep fired – probably not so great on the waistline but a treat for the palate.
Our son chose the salt and pepper squid with sweet chilli sauce ($20.90) and it certainly pays to have a big appetite because there was a huge amount. Our granddaughter was not quite so adventurous and settled for four vegetarian Spring rolls ($9.99) but she didn’t leave a crumb on the plate.
If you are a fan of Thai food give Bangkok Brothers a try – you will find lots of street food favourites including Pineapple fried rice, papaya salad and Pad Thai. There is also a children’s menu so bring along the grandkids and wean them off the hamburgers and fish and chips!
Address: Westfield Whitford’s City
Phone: 04 1334 8481
Opening hours: Sun-Wed: 11am -10pm, Thu-Sat:11am-10:30 pm
Gluten-free options: Yes
Vegetarian options: Yes
Entertainment Book: No
- Kitchen Warehouse Cooking Classes - February 18, 2019
- 3 Sheets, Hillarys Boat Harbour - February 18, 2019
- The Lucky Shag, Perth - February 18, 2019
- Peaberry’s Coffee Lounge, Lakeside Joondalup - February 18, 2019
- Miss Chow’s, Westfield Whitford City - February 4, 2019
- Majestic Princess Cruise - February 4, 2019
- Bangkok Brothers, Westfield Whitfords - February 4, 2019
- Northside Cafe, Hillarys - December 6, 2018
- Oakover Grounds, Swan Valley - December 6, 2018
- Diane Gould Dance Classes - December 6, 2018