Brotzeit is a chain German-themed restaurant found around Perth at Joondalup, Baldivis and in the city. The German Bier Bar and Restaurant offers authentic Bavarian cuisine in a modern, yet casual setting. We dined at Brotzeit Joondalup, which is found close to the first-floor food court at the bustling Lakeside Shopping Centre – handy for a lunch while shopping or dinner and a movie. The restaurant is large, with light pouring in from windows overlooking the cinema plaza below.
There are plenty of spots to sit including long tables to seat large groups. As you’d expect on the drinks menu, there are lots of German Lagers, Pilsners and other beers, there’s also a small wine and cocktail list. The menu is brimming with hearty German favourites which includes goulash, more sausages than you can shake a stick at, massive pork knuckles covered in crisp crackle, sauerkraut and more. Food that we enjoyed on our table included:
Sticky and moist BBQ pork ribs with roasted vegetables ($23 half rack).
A gourmet hot dog topped with slaw and pork crackle, with chips. from the changing specials menu.
And if you feel like something a little less heavy, there are some lighter options, like this tasty chicken salad.
We enjoyed our German experience at Brotzeit, the service was prompt and the food was good quality and well cooked. We’d definitely return.
Address: Joondalup Lakeside Shopping City, 420 Joondalup Drive Joondalup
Mon – Tues 11am – 6pm
Wed – Thurs 11am – 9pm
Fri – Sat 11am – 10pm
Sun 11am – 9pm
Phone: 9301 1541
Distance from Car Parking area: the nearest free car park is located next to Ace Cinemas.
Grandchild friendly: Yes, kids menu, colouring in and high chairs.
- Sittella Winery, Herne Hill - February 18, 2019
- Mount Helena Tavern, Mount Helena - February 18, 2019
- Kapitol Kitchen, Wanneroo - February 15, 2019
- Mount Flora Regional Museum, Watermans Bay - February 15, 2019
- Bump In Burger, Woodvale - February 13, 2019
- Zephyr Café, East Fremantle - February 10, 2019
- Cup and Co, Innaloo - February 6, 2019
- The Little Bay, Watermans Bay - February 5, 2019
- Epicurean, Crown Perth - February 5, 2019
- Mistelle at Hainault Vineyard, Bickley Valley - February 4, 2019