If you’re looking for a lovely spot off the beaten track and away from the hustle and bustle, Cafe on the Dam in Serpentine is the perfect destination.
Dine high up above the actual dam with spectacular views from the alfresco area set amongst the native bush land. There is ample seating and we have been a few times during Summer and Winter and have enjoyed both in and outdoor settings. The bird life is amazing and you can purchase seed from the counter and feed the many local birds. They are quite comfortable with humans, so don’t be shocked if you have them feeding from your arms and shoulders! There are hiking paths and areas to explore and a steep but manageable stairway that leads to the base of the hill with lookouts onto the dam and forest. The views are phenomenal providing plenty of photo opportunities showcasing the WA landscape. It’s a perfect place to bring visitors from out of town and there are often tourists snapping away.The cafe itself has a great menu and is licensed so whether it’s coffee and cake or perhaps a glass of wine over lunch they cover it all.
They have a set and seasonal menu with a good range of meals, our food is always fresh and tasty and the all day breakfast always looks amazing! The assortment of cakes and sweets is also is draw card when we visit and on hot days there is a great range of ice creams and icy poles too.
Grandies are welcome too with plenty to keep little ones busy and lots of exploration opportunities.
Cafe on the Dam also has an impressive gallery and a lovely gift shop full of unique hand crafted goodies as well as sweet and savoury treats to take home.
Be sure to take a drive after across the dam bridge and enjoy the spectacular views. Less than an hour from Perth Cafe on the Dam is worth the drive.
Cafe on the Dam, Serpentine
Where: Serpentine Dam Kingsbury Drive, Jarrahdale
Open: Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Phone: 08 9525 9920
Email: [email protected]
- Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages - January 10, 2019
- Jalbrook Estate – Cottages, Alpacas, Gallery & Function Venue, Ballingup - November 22, 2018
- Earth Studio WA, Martin - November 22, 2018
- Byford Districts & Country Club - November 15, 2018
- Jarrahdale Tavern - November 13, 2018
- The Alkaline Cafe, Albany - November 8, 2018
- Cafe on the Dam, Serpentine - November 8, 2018
- Brook 508 Cafe & Restaurant, Roleystone - November 8, 2018
- How to spend a relaxed weekend in Perth - November 1, 2018
- A Roast to Remember - September 12, 2018