Dongara-Port Denison is an easy four-hour drive from Perth via the Indian Ocean Drive and the Brand Highway.
It is a pleasant town with a lovely marina and we stayed overnight at the Big 4 Beach Holiday Park. The park is in an ideal location and has a lovely walkway looking out to the Indian Ocean.
We stayed on a powered site ($40 per night) however there are a lot of accommodation options including a one-bedroom studio ($155), 2-bedroom waterfront chalet ($205) and deluxe three-bedroom beach houses ($235).
This is not a large park with only around 40 sites plus cabins. The park has a one-way system for traffic and powered sites are accessible from both sides of the road. The ablutions block was very clean with lots of hot water. A code, supplied at reception, is required to enter the toilet and ablution blocks. Complementary wifi is also available.
A half-size basketball court, a playground and a TV room will keep children amused. The camp kitchen is smallish but has all the usual facilities. It is open from 8am to 10pm. There is also a bbq area. Laundry areas are good. It is a short walk to a few shops and a restaurant in Port Denison. It is a longer journey to the Dongara main shopping area, about ten minutes by car, but there are more restaurants and a large IGA there.
However, the park does not have good lighting. The toilet block and camp kitchen are well lit but coming and going from these facilities are difficult without a torch. There are road bumps and uneven surfaces on the grassed areas.
Booking can be done online or by telephone and the staff were the friendliest we came across on our recent trip. Pets are allowed.
Address: 250 Ocean Drive. Port Denison
Phone: 08 9927 1131
- Pop-up Globe Theatre Perth – Hamlet - October 11, 2019
- Francois Peron National Park, Shark Bay - October 7, 2019
- The Carine Glades Tavern - October 7, 2019
- Perfect Nature Cruises, Monkey Mia - October 7, 2019
- Dongara-Port Denison Big 4 Beach Holiday Park - October 7, 2019
- Perth Rugby World Cup Village, Scarborough - October 7, 2019
- The Dolphin Experience, Monkey Mia - October 7, 2019
- Rice Baby, Subiaco - October 4, 2019
- RAC Caravan Park, Monkey Mia - October 2, 2019
- Nature’s Window, Kalbarri - October 1, 2019