Embers in Gooseberry Hill has been a Perth Hill’s favourite for many, many years. The cosy restaurant has a lot of timber furniture and wood heaters, making it very cosy in winter.
The casual neighbourhood eatery, is well known for its wood-fired pizza. There is also a seniors lunch menu, full of great value dishes which is available Tuesday to Friday. There’s gnocchi, fish n chips, garlic prawns, pasta dishes, parmigiana and more, all costing between $17 and $22.
We stopped by for brunch. We sat in the enclosed veranda area as we had our daughters puppy with us. Dogs are welcome in this area, as long as they are on a lead.
Not one to turn his nose up at a sprout, my husband really enjoyed the “Go Green” ($21). This very healthy dish consisted of pan fried broccoli, Brussel sprouts, kale, spinach, cayenne, tabasco, lemon, poached eggs on freshly baked sourdough.
I loved the creamy smashed avo ($21) with poached eggs, feta mint, fresh cherry tomatoes, balsamic reduction and rocket on crusty bread.
If you have grandchildren in tow, there is a well sized kids menu, high chairs and colouring packs available.
Next door Embers also run a small giftshop that’s packed with all sorts of artisan made goodies.
As well as some beautiful fresh blooms!
Embers is very popular with people of all ages and is great for groups. The locally owned restaurant is a warm and inviting place, especially on a chilly Perth Hills day or night, when the toasty wood fires are burning.
Address: 169 Railway Road, Gooseberry Hill, Perth Hills.
Phone: 9293 3333
Parking: Lots of parking spots right at the door.
Seniors Specials: Yes, Tues to Fri lunchtimes.
Grandchild friendly: Yes, kids menu, highchairs and colouring in activities.
Dog Friendly: Yes, in the enclosed outside area, on a leash.
- Lot One Kitchen, Hillarys - February 19, 2020
- Flinderz Cafe, Hillarys - February 19, 2020
- il Lido, Cottesloe - February 15, 2020
- Channel 7 Mandurah Crab Fest - February 14, 2020
- Seniorocity’s Guide to Scarborough - February 14, 2020
- Monty’s, Scarborough - February 11, 2020
- Wild Fig, Scarborough - February 11, 2020
- The Seniorocity Guide to Cowaramup - February 5, 2020
- Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, Northbridge - February 5, 2020
- Fruit Loop Drive Trail, Carnarvon - February 5, 2020