When you think of zip lining and tightrope walking up in the tree tops, you might not automatically think “Gee that sounds like a great day out for me” but as the saying goes “You’re not dead yet!” And when our grandchildren needed an adult to accompany them on an afternoon in the tree tops my husband ( who is by the way, as daft as a brush) volunteered himself to be said adult!
The adventure course runs as a 2 hour session and has seven courses rated for ease of climbing and adrenaline rating and all climbers must be over 7 years old – my husband just fits into that category.
After having the safety harness and helmet fitted the small group were given a safety talk and instruction on how the harness works, then each person completed a training course to make sure they were confident with using the equipment, then it was off to try the different courses.
My husband and grandchildren started on level 2 to ease themselves into the activities, but soon they all had their confidence and sped through the next 2 levels, before running out of time. The different courses had them climbing, balancing on tightropes, zip lining and even riding bikes and skateboards in the treetops. At the end of their session they had all resolved to visit again next time we are in the area and are keen to try the more advanced courses.
My husband is in his mid 60s and used to climbing ladders and going on roofs but his assessment of the courses was that the first couple of levels especially, were do-able for most reasonably fit and agile people; unless they had a fear of heights ( was that a dig at me, who stayed with my feet firmly planted on the ground?) So maybe if you’re in the Busselton area and feel like trying something a bit fun and adventurous you should consider a visit to Forest Adventures.
Address: 12 Ludlow Park Road, Busselton
Phone: 9780 5908
Facebook: Forest Adventures South West
Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday 9am – 5pm CLOSED TUESDAY
Cost: Adult $44, Child 7-16 years $36
- Big 4 Ocean Beach Holiday Park, Denmark - April 19, 2019
- Paperbark Merchants, Albany - April 19, 2019
- Ellen Cove Boardwalk Trail, Albany - April 19, 2019
- Emporium Bistro, Bridgetown - April 19, 2019
- Bremer Bay Beaches Resort and Tourist Park - April 19, 2019
- Albanys rugged coastline, and my exhausting attempt to conquer it. - April 19, 2019
- Desert, River, Sea. Portraits of the Kimberley at Art Gallery of WA - April 12, 2019
- The Brig Amity Replica, Albany - April 4, 2019
- The Aftermath Film Review - April 4, 2019
- Dumbo Film Review - March 29, 2019