My husband loves ice cream. No matter where we go he has the ability to find an ice cream parlour. He stumbled across this little place when we were visiting Busselton a while back, and loved it so much that he insisted on a return visit when we were in the area recently.
Gelato Buonissimo is a small, family-run establishment making traditional Italian gelato, and is the longest running authentic Italian ice creamery in Western Australia. The gelato is made from fresh and local ingredients and is made from scratch the traditional way, without any artificial flavourings or colours. It’s also handy to note that all of the gelatos are gluten-free, and there are plenty of dairy free options available, so everyone is able to enjoy a scoop or two.
Because the gelato is made on site and with seasonal produce, there is always something new to try, and with the cabinet filled with up to 16 different tempting flavours, it can take a while to make your choice.
This time my husband chose the Coffee and Baileys Irish Cream flavour whilst I finally decided on the Fragola (strawberry) after wavering between that, the Limone and the Lindt dark chocolate ( Cioccolato Fondente). The flavours of the gelato were amazing, and both of us were very happy with our choices, the only disappointment was that we couldn’t fit in a second helping, but next time it will definitely be the Cioccolato Fondente for me!
If you are not a lover of gelato, the ice cream parlour also serves Segafredo coffee and homemade cakes, gluten-free brownies from Wild Honey Bakehouse and Claudio Biscotti Italian biscuits. The inside area is only small, with just a few tables, but is impeccably clean with a fresh white decor, and there are a couple of tables outside where you can sit and watch the world go by.
Address: 32 Queen Street, Busselton.
PH: 9751 1477
Hours: Thursday – Monday 10.00am – 5.00pm
Closed Tuesday & Wednesday
Subject to seasonal changes.
- The Fire Station Speciality Beer and Wine Bar, Busselton - December 6, 2018
- Gelato Buonissimo, Busselton - December 6, 2018
- Viva Book Store, Busselton - November 15, 2018
- Perth Zoo - November 9, 2018
- Taylor’s Art and Coffee House - November 2, 2018
- Best Op Shops in Perth - November 2, 2018
- Lake Argyle, Kimberley Durack Lunch Cruise - November 2, 2018
- Jane Brook Winery, Swan Valley - November 2, 2018
- Coast Port Beach, Fremantle - November 2, 2018
- WA Detective Trails - October 18, 2018