If you are looking for an alternative to staying in a caravan park in Geraldton this spot may be just the thing.
The camp is at the ship loading port on hardstand, it is a drive through only and you are only allowed one lane so no annexes, small motor homes and wizz-bangs have a designated area. There is no power and no water to the sites, although water is available, a dump point is also at the camp.
It is a 24 hour stop and Rangers do check so be aware.It is all very tidy and Geraldton council should be thanked, not many towns put a camp virtually in the middle of town for FREE!!Once you have setup there is a number of things you can do from here, without using your car, you can probably get by without unhitching. There is a boat ramp and fish cleaning facilities close by and a lovely short walk along the sea wall to a viewing platform, where you can see the cargo ships enter the harbour.
As this Australia’s second largest grain handling port there is always something happening it also means freight trains arriving during the night. From the camp you can walk on a well set out pathway which passes a very clean toilet block and a super playground for the kids then past a dome cafe, we had a late breakfast and sat inside at a window seat and the views were picture postcard, overlooking the well maintained lawns, beach and water.Walk on a little further and you will come to the Jaffle Shack which was very popular and looked like the ideal place for a coffee. It is only a short stroll into the main street of town, there are some fast food outlets close by and also a bike hire if you’re feeling fit. If you decide to try this spot don’t arrive late it will fill up fast and there are only about 10 spots available.To get there you need to go down Marine Terrace and turn into Francis Street towards the wharf, you cannot book you just turn up.
- Lucky Bay and Frenchmans Peak - June 6, 2019
- Eastern Foreshore Redevelopment Mandurah - February 5, 2019
- Dolphin Quays Mandurah - February 5, 2019
- BULLARA STATION STAY - November 15, 2018
- 80 Mile Beach Caravan Park - May 25, 2018
- Geraldton 24 Hour Free RV Camp - May 10, 2018
- Anniebrook Wine, Flowers, Gifts and Farm Cafe - March 22, 2018
- The Eagle Bay Brewing Co - March 19, 2018
- Woody Nook Winery - March 19, 2018
- The Shed Markets Busselton - March 12, 2018