Holly Raye’s in Bassendean is a delicious café, with a homely, retro feel. If you’ve never visited before, just look out for the vibrant dog mural by WA artist Anya Brock.
Sweet tooths will be able to spoil themselves with many delicious treats on offer, all freshly baked. There’s even bacon pupcakes for dogs!
The popular Holly Rayes is spacious inside, with a few tables outside, for dining al fresco or with dogs.
First, we ordered a pot of tea – a herbal “lemonzilla” with lemongrass.
The all-day breakfast menu has all the firm favourites. My husband tried something completely different and loved the breakfast gnocchi ($19). The Parisian gnocchi, is a made with a choux pastry dough. The tasty morsels are served with crispy bacon bits, sauteed mushrooms, a runny fried egg, and a sage and thyme butter. He also added a few golden hash browns for $5.
I love the use of mismatched furniture and crockery, which comes straight out of the 1970’s. I had ordered the quiche, though minutes later the friendly waitress advised us that they’d sold out. I opted for the smaller tart and a bowl of chips. Both were crisp and tasty.
We both enjoyed our brunch Holly Raye’s. The food is well cooked and very tasty. I’d certainly go back for more.
Holly Raye’s Bassendean – The Details
Address: 3C James St, Bassendean
Phone: 9379 8880
Parking: There is a car park at the venue.
- Yallingup Woodfired Bread, Quindalup - January 27, 2020
- The Local’s Porter, Kinross - January 27, 2020
- The Beach House, Jindalee - January 23, 2020
- The River, Margaret River - January 21, 2020
- Voyager Estate, Margaret River - January 21, 2020
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - December 20, 2019
- Little H, Duncraig - December 9, 2019
- Tarts, Northbridge - December 4, 2019
- Historic Pubs in Perth - December 4, 2019
- Indoor Markets in Perth - December 3, 2019