Ironwood Estate Wines is a must do when in the absolutely gorgeous Porongurup Ranges. Nestled on the hillside overlooking the glorious Stirling Ranges, you could quite possibly sit and soak in the view for hours. The cafe is certainly set up to get the most of the view and delightful ambiance of the estate.We went on a beautiful sunny day and the ranges really did put on a show. It was lovely to dine alfresco, though in the cooler months, probably best to pack some warmer clothes as it does get chilly in the region.
The Porongurup Range , an 1100 million year old pre-Cambrian granite range that was once a forested island is now a 25.11 square kilometre National Park measuring 15 kilometres in length. It is Heritage Listed for its special geological features and biodiversity. With 700+ wildflowers, 75+ bird species, stands of Karri trees, the Porongurup Skywalk, and bordered by vineyards it really is a ‘Range of Attractions’.
2191 Porongurup Rd.
Phone: (08) 9853 1126
Mobiles: 0411 820 491 or 0428 820 491
Email: [email protected]
IRONWOOD Estate Wines is 385 kms south of Perth along Albany Highway to Mount Barker. The vineyard and cellar/cafe is on the Porongurup Tourist Drive 252, east of Mount Barker. 22 kms from the Albany Highway junction. From Albany, visitors travel 40 kms northeast on Chester Pass Road to the Porongurup Scenic Drive junction turning west 6 kms. up along the north side of the Porongurup Range. Entry and egress is easy with a wide 300m horseshoe drive off the main Porongurup Road. Buses, RV’s, and caravans can use the special parking bay alternative to the large parking lot.
- Lesmurdie Falls Base Trail - August 6, 2018
- Yahava Coffeeworks Swan Valley - July 24, 2018
- Armadale Library - July 17, 2018
- Birtwistle Local Studies Library, Armadale - June 11, 2018
- Piggy Food Co, North Fremantle - May 25, 2018
- Cherith Grove Organic Cafe - May 10, 2018
- Eight on the Beach, Rockingham - April 13, 2018
- Avocados, Perth - April 13, 2018
- Dome Cafe, Port Coogee - April 13, 2018
- Great Ocean Drive Esperance - March 23, 2018