If you’ve stopped on the Geraldton Foreshore, you may have already enjoyed the tasty offerings from Jaffle Shack. They are renowned in the port town for the humble toasted sandwich, as well as top notch coffee, waffles and other tasty breakfast and lunch dishes. If Geraldton is a little too far a drive for a sandwich, albeit a delicious one, good news – we can now enjoy gourmet toasties by Jaffle Shack here in Perth!
The recently opened West Perth café has a few small tables inside, as well as a leafy courtyard out the back. Order inside at the counter, and your toasted treats will soon be out.
The excellent coffee is by Karvan Coffee.
The jaffles are reasonably priced between $9 and $12. There are many gourmet fillings to choose from, including an eggs benedict jaffle which combines a breakfast and lunch favourite, filled with ham and spinach, with a side of hollandaise sauce for dipping.
If you have a gluten intolerance good news – they offer GF bread. So my daughter enjoyed a garlic mushroom toastie.
It’s also a good spot to take grandchildren, if you have them. While the Jaffle Shack doesn’t have a specific children’s menu, it does have lots of options that children relish. Jaffle Shack welcomes families with high chairs and babycinos. My grandson chose the fresh waffles ($12), served with chocolate sauce, fresh bananas and vanilla ice cream, for a treat.
Be sure to browse around the adjoining gift shop, Cavania. It’s brimming with all sorts of beautiful homeware, kitchenware, clothes and other gifts to treat someone special, or even yourself!
Jaffle Shack is a great spot for a delicious breakfast or lunch that won’t break the bank. It’s on the free CAT bus route and close to both Harald Bose Gardens and Kings Park.
Address: 1220 Hay Street, West Perth
Parking: Paid street parking nearby or catch the CAT bus.
Grandchild Friendly: Yes, highchairs and baby chinos available.
Dog Friendly: Yes, in the outside courtyard.
- Sittella Winery, Herne Hill - February 18, 2019
- Mount Helena Tavern, Mount Helena - February 18, 2019
- Kapitol Kitchen, Wanneroo - February 15, 2019
- Mount Flora Regional Museum, Watermans Bay - February 15, 2019
- Bump In Burger, Woodvale - February 13, 2019
- Zephyr Café, East Fremantle - February 10, 2019
- Cup and Co, Innaloo - February 6, 2019
- The Little Bay, Watermans Bay - February 5, 2019
- Epicurean, Crown Perth - February 5, 2019
- Mistelle at Hainault Vineyard, Bickley Valley - February 4, 2019