If you have visited the Joondalup Growers Market before, you may like to know that it has moved! Its new home is the leafy Neil Hawkins Park, on the banks of Lake Joondalup. The Market is held each and every Saturday morning, from 8am to noon.
The market being at Neil Hawkins Park makes it is a wonderful place to take a wander amongst the birdlife. The farmers market is a little smaller than when it was at Central Park. It is also very child friendly, being situated next to the playground, for if you have Grandchildren with you.
Be sure to take along an esky. There are fruit and vegetable stalls (including organic goods) brimming with fresh local produce, as well as grass fed meats.
Here you can also buy a tasty for breakfast, or enjoy a coffee or juice. The stalls and trucks change regularly.
There’s plenty of tables around on the grass, or take your own camp chairs and picnic rug. It’s a lovely spot to soak up the live entertainment, which gives the market a great atmosphere. The market is still new to the park, and with local support it will grow.
While you are there, take a wander down to the jetty on Lake Joondalup. There’s a lot of native birds and water birds at the park.
Or why not even go for a walk! Read our detailed post about walking around Lake Joondalup here.
The Joondalup Growers Market’s line-up of stalls change a little each week. There are public toilets onsite. It’s best to take cash as there is no ATM, though I noticed that some stalls do take EFTPOS. Be sure to support local and check the market out.
Joondalup Growers Market – The Details
Address: Neil Hawkins Park, Woodswallow Close, Joondalup.
Parking: plenty of onsite parking. Free on weekends.
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - October 15, 2019
- 3 Sheets on the Lake, Woodlands - October 15, 2019
- High Tea at InterContinental Perth - October 14, 2019
- The Mundaring Hotel, Mundaring - October 14, 2019
- Jackadder Lake, Woodlands - September 26, 2019
- Finlay and Sons, Inglewood - September 24, 2019
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 24, 2019
- Coventry Village, Morley - September 24, 2019
- Bada Bing Cafe Woodlands - September 23, 2019
- Joondalup Growers Market, Joondalup - September 19, 2019