If you or a family member has a food intolerance you may find your options for eating out are limited. A completely gluten free restaurant, Kapitol Kitchen, has opened in Perth. Here everything on the menu is gluten free and contains no refined sugar. So you can choose anything from the menu in confidence. People with dairy free, vegetarian and vegan diets also enjoy plenty of options. The recently opened spot Kitchen has a lovely, modern interior. We sat in a cosy booth.
Service is pleasant. There’s a good selection of drinks – my husband enjoyed a coffee, while I had a refreshing pot of pomegranate tea, served on a wooden tray.
I enjoyed the fresh and spicy Thai beef salad ($17) which is packed with tender sliced beef, coriander, carrot, red cabbage, spring onion, bean shoots and rocket with crispy fried shallots and a nam gin dressing.
My husband chose the veg haloumi panini ($24) with roasted zucchini, eggplant, peppers, sundried tomato, spinach and a herby pesto aioli. A basket with crisp sweet potato fries are on the side.
For dessert there’s choices on the menu, as well as a selection of raw slices in the cabinet.
If you have grandchildren in tow, there is a children’s toy corner at the back of the dining room. This is stocked with plenty of toys, activities, blocks and a play kitchen to entertain little ones.
At Kapitol Kitchen, you can be sure that every choice is gluten-free and almost guilt free too! This is invaluable to coeliacs, as well as people like me who would like a little more variety in their food choices. We enjoyed their tasty and healthy meals.
Address: 943 Wanneroo Road, Wanneroo.
Phone: 9306 2282
Disabled Access: Yes – toilet downstairs and parking out the back.
Distance from Car Parking area: There is a small carpark behind the restaurant.
Grandchild Friendly: yes, kids menu, toy corner and highchairs.
- The Kewdale Tavern, Kewdale - August 14, 2019
- Fika on Brix, Beckenham - August 14, 2019
- The Henley Brook, Swan Valley - July 25, 2019
- Senior Park at Jo Wheatley All Abilities Play Space, Dalkeith - July 22, 2019
- The Local on Waratah, Dalkeith - July 12, 2019
- Tiago Kitchen and Coffee House Joondalup - July 3, 2019
- Guildford Historical Precinct - June 30, 2019
- Guildford Town Garden Centre - June 30, 2019
- Padbury’s, Guildford - June 21, 2019
- Restaurants with Log Fires in Perth - June 15, 2019