La Veen in Perth is a hip inner-city café found in a heritage listed building on the prestigious King Street. The cafe is well regarded for serving some of the city’s best brunch and coffee.
The dining area of the café is compact, so be prepared to get close to the person on the next table. It also doesn’t make for good access for wheelchairs. There is some seating out the front, overlooking Wellington Street, which may be suitable if you need a little extra room.
Our polite waitress served us promptly. The coffee is delicious and smooth. I hear Five Senses is the roast they use.
There are some great choices for tea too. This “Popsicle” tea of hibiscus, peppermint, elderflower, guava and strawberry was sweet and very enjoyable. I love their teapots and bone china cups and saucers.
I absolutely loved the dish I ordered – a crisp potato rosti ($23), topped with an avocado smash, two runny poached eggs and smoked salmon.
My husband enjoyed the avo smash ($16) with beetroot and Danish feta.
My grandson ordered the “eggs your way”, his favourite way being scrambled. You can also have poached or fried eggs. He also chose extras which included mushrooms, chorizo and crispy bacon.
All in All
La Veen is definitely worth paying a visit if when you happen to be in the city. The prices are a little on the high side, but everything is very good quality. The service is friendly and helpful. At busy times I have been told it can get a bit noisy (my husband would have to turn his hearing aid down!), but if you don’t mind a bustling atmosphere, a trendy brunch and great coffee, this spot is for you.
Address: 90 King Street, Perth.
Phone: 9321 1188
Disabled Access: Yes, there is a disabled bathroom.
Distance from Car Parking area: Being in the heart of the city there’s plenty of paid parking around. The café is also a short stroll from the Wellington Street Bus Station.
- Yallingup Woodfired Bread, Quindalup - January 27, 2020
- The Local’s Porter, Kinross - January 27, 2020
- The Beach House, Jindalee - January 23, 2020
- The River, Margaret River - January 21, 2020
- Voyager Estate, Margaret River - January 21, 2020
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - December 20, 2019
- Little H, Duncraig - December 9, 2019
- Tarts, Northbridge - December 4, 2019
- Historic Pubs in Perth - December 4, 2019
- Indoor Markets in Perth - December 3, 2019