If you’re a fan of Voyage Kitchen, you might like to try their sister restaurant – Madame Queenie. Found above the Sorrento Café, you can take in a beautiful view of Sorrento Beach from the huge windows, making the Modern Asian spot a lovey place to go for a sunset dinner.
The modern dining room is open with the long tables giving it a bustling, sociable feel.
The drinks menu has plenty of options. There’s lots of cocktails, as well as a decent wine list and local beers. We chose a Vasse Felix ‘Premium’ Chardonnay ($13) from Margaret River, which matched the fresh Asian flavours nicely.
The menu is inspired by flavours of south east Asia, with favourites Pad Thai, chow main and Thai green curry making an appearance, as well as claypot dishes, fragrant salads and sticky beef short ribs. There’s also over 20 dishes either completely gluten free or able to be made gluten free, making it easier for those with a gluten intolerance.
The simple, but tasty chicken pad Thai ($22.50) is a mound of rice noodles, chicken, tamarind, bean shoots, peanuts, citrus, fried egg, coriander and chilli.
A lighter option is the chicken san choi bao ($15.50). It’s a hand-on make it yourself dish, where sautéed chicken, vegetables and bean shoots are scooped into lettuce cups.
Madame Queenie is also open for lunch and take away orders. Another great way to dine at the Asian eatery is to grab a group of 4 or more friends and share the “Queenies Banquet”. The food is fresh, tasty and very well priced making Madame Queenie a good spot for an ocean-side meal.
Address: 130 West Coast Dr, Sorrento.
Opening Hours: Lunch from 12noon to 3pm, Friday – Sunday
Dinner from 5.30pm 7 days.
Phone: 9243 2700
Access: There is no wheelchair access, as Madame Queenies is upstairs (no lift).
Distance from Car Parking area: There is parking onsite, which can get busy in peak times. There’s also parking at Sorrento Life Saving Club
- Rottnest Fast Ferries - March 21, 2019
- Coode Street Jetty Walk, South Perth - March 19, 2019
- Dog Friendly Cafes in Perth - March 15, 2019
- TransPerth Ferry, Swan River - March 14, 2019
- The Seniorocity Guide to Elizabeth Quay - March 14, 2019
- Furbaby Cafe and Boutique, Westminster - March 14, 2019
- The Island, Elizabeth Quay - March 13, 2019
- Millpoint Caffe Bookshop, South Perth - March 6, 2019
- Elizabeth Quay Carousel, Perth - March 6, 2019
- Optus Stadium - February 28, 2019