I don’t know if it’s because I’m English and I’m biased, but I really do think that the British Film Industry is amongst the best in the world; so I am looking forward to this year’s British Film Festival which opens on 30th October at Palace Cinemas in Perth and Fremantle and runs until 24th November. This year’s Festival has a bevvy of famous faces and stalwarts of the industry, in a wide selection of films that will most certainly have something to please everyone.
Opening night is the Australian Premiere screening of the drama Military Wives starring Kristin Scott Thomas and Sharon Horgan. The film is about a group of military wives left behind on base whilst their partners are serving in Afghanistan, and who form a choir to occupy themselves and give them a focus other than waiting for news of their husbands. The film shows another side of military life, focusing on the families left behind rather than the serving soldiers.
This year there will be a retrospective look at the career of Dame Helen Mirren, with screenings of 6 films starring the actress; included in the line up are the movies Calendar Girls and The Queen. Helen Mirren also stars in this years closing nights film screening alongside Sir Ian McKellen in The Good Liar.
The Line up for the years festival boasts 30 films and documentaries; 17 of which are Australian premieres, including children’s favourite Horrible Histories The Movie- Rotten Romans.
The British Film Festival starts 30th October and runs until 24th November.
Perth Theatres- Cinema Paradiso, Northbridge
Luna on SX, Fremantle.
Windsor Cinema, Nedlands.
Tickets: Available online www.britishfilmfestival.com.au or at the box office
Adults – $20
Concession and Seniors $16.50
- Fisherman’s Friends – Film Review - November 8, 2019
- MINI British Film Festival 2019 - November 1, 2019
- Pavarotti, Film Review - October 16, 2019
- Laura’s Wine Bar, Northam - October 16, 2019
- Buckland Estate, Northam - October 16, 2019
- Pixar Putt Perth - October 16, 2019
- Windward Ballooning Adventures, Northam - October 16, 2019
- Judy – Film Review - October 11, 2019
- Bilya Koort Boodja Cultural Experience, Northam - October 4, 2019
- Lavazza Italian Film Festival 2019 - October 1, 2019