Each month, the bustling heart of Bassendean comes alive with the Old Perth Road Markets. The Sunday morning event is perfect for stocking up the fridge with fresh fruit and vegetables, bread and other artisan foods. Here there’s places to enjoy a tasty breakfast and even treat yourself to a handmade gift.
The markets are held on the last Sunday of the month (Apr to Oct), from 9am to 1.30pm – handy for those late risers on a Sunday! For the warmer months – that’s November, December, February and March – the Old Perth Markets are held on a Saturday night.
The markets have more of a focus on arts and crafts, than food, so it’s an ideal place to find a unique gift or treat yourself to something special. The line-up of stalls changes each month. Here’s an idea of what you may find…
I loved these wind chimes made from old silverware.
Locally made gin.
Beautifully crafted woodwork.
For green thumbs, there’s a wide range of potted plants and succulents.
There’s even an “Ask an expert panel”. A brilliant idea, which I’ve not seen before. Here it’s free to ask an expert a question. We noticed a plumber, marketing professional and a thermomix expert.
For grandkids, there’s entertainment. Fur kids are welcome too on leads. Live entertainment creates a vibrant atmosphere. The Market are also a great spot to have a tasty breakfast of lunch. There’s a coffee van and of course a sausage sizzle!
While there aren’t as many food trucks as I’d expected, there are lots of cafes along the Old Perth Road Strip, to pop in for a cuppa or a feed at the Bassendean Hotel. The Old Perth Road Markets Bassendean are well worth a visit.
Old Perth Road Markets, Bassendean – The Details
The Old Perth Road Markets Bassendean are held on the last Sunday of each month (Apr to Oct)
Address: Old Perth Road, corner of Guildford Road, Bassendean.
Parking: There is plenty of parking and Bassendean train station is right across the road.
- Pere Bakery, Gooseberry Hill - September 15, 2019
- S&R Orchard Saku Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 13, 2019
- Dome Café, Deep Water Point Reserve Mount Pleasant - September 13, 2019
- Holly Raye’s, Bassendean - September 12, 2019
- Araluen Botanical Park, Roleystone - September 10, 2019
- Garden Affair, South Perth - September 5, 2019
- Old Perth Road Markets, Bassendean - August 31, 2019
- The Boatshed Café, South Perth - August 31, 2019
- Dome Cafe, Bassendean - August 29, 2019
- Senior Park at Neil McDougall Park, Como - August 29, 2019