Paper Avenue Cafe in Joondalup gives a great option of dining outside of the huge Lakeside shopping centre. The lovely café opened in 2017 and is found across from the Joondalup Library. It is well worth a visit for breakfast, brunch, lunch or even a coffee catch up.
The modern café is very light and bright. The main feature is a beautiful mural by local artist Peter Ryan.
Their coffee is excellent and is a “Locale” roast from Victoria. My daughter enjoyed a Cha Cha tea “Strawberry Swoon” pink tea latte. This very pretty drink is made of strawberry, hibiscus, rose hips, apple and orange.
We both ordered the lemon zest banana bread ($8), which was plated with a vanilla mascarpone and a little maple syrup. This is a simple and delicious dish, which is also gluten free.
My grandson tucked into a ham and cheese croissant. It actually came with tomato too, but the friendly staff were only too happy to take that out for him since he’s a fusspot.
You’ll also find granola, French toast, big brekkies, bagels, pancakes and much more on the trendy menu. There are also lots of sweet and savoury treats in the cabinet. There’s also a lot of options for people with food intolerances.
All in All
Paper Avenue Cafe creates a fab first impression with me. The coffee is great, food tasty and well-priced and it has a lovely atmosphere. On busy days it can get a little noisy, particularly if you sit inside next to the coffee machine. There is also some alfresco seating outside. I’d definitely return to Paper Avenue.
Address: 52A Davidson Terrace, Joondalup WA
Phone: 0474 958 047
Disabled Access: Yes, there is disabled parking in the paid carpark opposite, as well as ramps into the cafe and toilets.
Car Parking: There’s either paid street parking or a paid car park directly opposite. Parking is free on weekends.
Grandchild Friendly: Yes, a children’s menu is available.
- The Camfield, Burswood - October 31, 2019
- The Partisan, East Perth - October 29, 2019
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - October 15, 2019
- 3 Sheets on the Lake, Woodlands - October 15, 2019
- High Tea at InterContinental Perth - October 14, 2019
- The Mundaring Hotel, Mundaring - October 14, 2019
- Jackadder Lake, Woodlands - September 26, 2019
- Finlay and Sons, Inglewood - September 24, 2019
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 24, 2019
- Coventry Village, Morley - September 24, 2019