Pere Bakery in Gooseberry Hill, doesn’t have any signage, though is easily found next to the popular Embers restaurant. The bakery has been a Perth Hill’s favourite for long time. It was known as Le Croissant Du Moulin for many years and in recent times has been taken over by new owners (I believe the same as Embers) and renamed. As well as people stopping by for take away treats, many stop a little longer at the casual neighbourhood spot, which is ideal for spoiling yourself. There’s a tastebud tempting range of both sweet and savoury foods – bread, croissants, cakes, ready-made rolls and more that are all freshly made.
Stopping by for morning tea, we sat in the enclosed veranda area, where there’s plenty of tables. There’s a wood burner for chilly hills mornings too.
Dogs are welcome to sit in this area, water bowls are provided, as long as they’re on a lead.
We ordered a couple of cups of coffee to enjoy with our cakes.
I loved the creamy carrot cake.
My husband devoured a slice of berry pie.
A fudgy chocolate torte appeared to be the only gluten free option. My daughter enjoyed this, but would have liked more choice.
Pere Bakery in Gooseberry Hill seems to be very popular with locals. We’ll certainly be back for another sausage roll – we grabbed one for a lunch on the way home and it was so delicious.
Pere Bakery Gooseberry Hill – The Details
Address: 169 Railway Road, Gooseberry Hill, Perth Hills.
Phone: 9293 4345
Parking: Lots of parking spots right at the door.
Dog Friendly: Yes, in the enclosed outside area, on a leash.
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - October 15, 2019
- 3 Sheets on the Lake, Woodlands - October 15, 2019
- High Tea at InterContinental Perth - October 14, 2019
- The Mundaring Hotel, Mundaring - October 14, 2019
- Jackadder Lake, Woodlands - September 26, 2019
- Finlay and Sons, Inglewood - September 24, 2019
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - September 24, 2019
- Coventry Village, Morley - September 24, 2019
- Bada Bing Cafe Woodlands - September 23, 2019
- Joondalup Growers Market, Joondalup - September 19, 2019