If you’re travelling down south on the South West Highway then a nice and convenient place to stop for a break is the Pinjarra Bakery in Waroona. The popular bakery is one of a group of three and is a hive of activity, especially at weekends, and is one of our regular stop-offs when travelling to the southwest.
The bakery has a huge array of pies and baked goods. The signature pies have unique combinations with great names, such as the “Ned Kelly” a breakfast pie of beef, bacon, cheese and a whole egg, and the “Flaming Beauty” a honey chilli chicken and vegetable pie; and don’t worry, for the traditionalists they still have the good old Aussie meat pie in the cabinet.
If you’re not into pies, although why wouldn’t you be when the bakery has been winning awards for over 20 years; then there is a salad and sandwich bar where you can pick up a grab and go roll or have your salad or roll made up to order with your own choice of fillings. I had a salami, cheese and tomato roll which was so big I couldn’t finish it, and had half of it wrapped to take away to finish later. There is barista coffee available, but as it was a hot day we opted for a cold drink from the huge fridge, and we couldn’t leave without purchasing a few sweet treats for later.
On this visit we sat in the air-conditioned dining area where you can sit either at conventional dining settings or at a comfy lounge area. The cafe also has an extra dining area outside where it is quieter than inside the busy cafe. There is disabled parking closest to the entrance and also disabled facilities available.
Address: 36 South West Highway, Waroona
Phone: 9733 2278
Opening Hours: Monday – Friday: 6am – 4pm
Saturday & Sunday: 7am – 3.30pm
- German Film Festival 2019 - May 24, 2019
- DFO Shopping Centre, Perth Airport - May 16, 2019
- Poms, Movie Review - May 16, 2019
- Silver Swans Adult Ballet, Karrinyup - May 16, 2019
- The Duyfken at AQWA, Hillarys - May 3, 2019
- The Chaperone – Film Review - May 3, 2019
- Big 4 Ocean Beach Holiday Park, Denmark - April 19, 2019
- Paperbark Merchants, Albany - April 19, 2019
- Ellen Cove Boardwalk Trail, Albany - April 19, 2019
- Emporium Bistro, Bridgetown - April 19, 2019