The Port Hotel Hopetoun is a great place for some old fashioned pub grub with a great country vibe and spectacular views!
We recently had a short stay in the lovely town of Hopetoun and visited the hotel that stands directly across from the ocean. A hot spot for local fisherman and tradies, we popped in for an afternoon tipple and to see if we could book in for dinner that evening. It is not a huge area inside, but we managed to get a table near the window with fantastic views.
It was lovely to watch the world go by right near the sea, while we enjoyed sipping our drinks. We refrained from ordering any food but the menu had a good choice and what food we did see looked delicious.
There was a lively feel with many of the community locals enjoying some pool and catching up after work. Nothing too rowdy, though later things definitely livened up with a local band and plenty of merriment!
We opted to dine in the Port Cafe which is part of the Port Hotel building, though separate from the pub. It was a quaint setting, nothing fancy but the food was decent and the view overlooking the ocean as the sunset was wonderful. It had a nice ambiance and filled up quickly so be sure to book in just in case. It was one of the few if not the only place to eat in the town of an evening. So best to be prepared. We booked with the bar manager who was more than happy to arrange our table, we even got placed by the window with a view.
Our oysters were divine! Rich in history and the building dates back to 1907! You can also choose to stay as they have accommodation available above the pub and restaurant itself.
Port Hotel Hopetoun
Where: 11 Veal street Hopetoun
Contact: (08) 9838 3053
Email: [email protected]
Open: All Week: 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Lesmurdie Falls Base Trail - August 6, 2018
- Yahava Coffeeworks Swan Valley - July 24, 2018
- Armadale Library - July 17, 2018
- Birtwistle Local Studies Library, Armadale - June 11, 2018
- Piggy Food Co, North Fremantle - May 25, 2018
- Cherith Grove Organic Cafe - May 10, 2018
- Eight on the Beach, Rockingham - April 13, 2018
- Avocados, Perth - April 13, 2018
- Dome Cafe, Port Coogee - April 13, 2018
- Great Ocean Drive Esperance - March 23, 2018