After a browse around the shops, the Purple Goat Café looked like an inviting spot to enjoy a bite to eat and a cuppa. We’ve tried many dining spots at Hillarys Boat Harbour, and rather than choose somewhere we’d usually go, we decided to try somewhere new to us. Found on the deck between the amphitheatre and the Rottnest Fast Ferry terminal, the café exterior of purple lavender is very inviting.
You may remember the café was found near the Breakwater, it moved to it’s present spot late last year. Inside, the café has plenty of seating and lovely décor.
There’s an outlook over the western side of the harbour, where moored boats bob in the water. There is limited seating outside, if you’d like to sit in the sunshine.
On the menu at the Purple Goat Café is a fair amount of choice, with pasta, seafood and meat dishes, though many things seem to be served with chips and salad. I had a cup of herbal tea. Most of the time you get a teapot, but here you have a mug along with a good-quality teabag. Coffee, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages are also on the menu.
There’s a lot of tempting cakes to choose from in the display cabinet, all freshly baked by the café’s pastry chef. I chose a chocolate and date meringue, which was a little different.
My husband had a delicious slice of berry cheesecake.
All in all The Purple Goat Café is a pleasant spot for a cuppa and bite to eat at Hillarys Boat Harbour.
Address: Hillarys Boat Harbour, 58 Southside Dr, Hillarys.
Telephone: 9243 8920
Parking: There’s plenty of free parking at Hillarys Boat Harbour.
Disabled Access: Yes, toilets are located outside of the café.
Grandchild friendly: Yes, kids menu and highchairs.
Find more restaurants and cafes in Perth here.
- Joondalup Growers Market, Joondalup - September 19, 2019
- Pere Bakery, Gooseberry Hill - September 15, 2019
- S&R Orchard Saku Blossom Festival, Walliston - September 13, 2019
- Dome Café, Deep Water Point Reserve Mount Pleasant - September 13, 2019
- Holly Raye’s, Bassendean - September 12, 2019
- Araluen Botanical Park, Roleystone - September 10, 2019
- Garden Affair, South Perth - September 5, 2019
- Old Perth Road Markets, Bassendean - August 31, 2019
- The Boatshed Café, South Perth - August 31, 2019
- Dome Cafe, Bassendean - August 29, 2019