My husband and I were at Currambine Central shopping Centre and stumbled upon Red Retro Café, found right behind Chapters Restaurant (formerly Basq restaurant). The quaint little café is a breath of fresh air, as most shopping centres are full of the usual chain-coffee stores. The cute, mismatched furniture gives it a cottage café feel. There are plenty of tables, as well as some comfy sofas, with low tables, perfect for a quick drink.
A small courtyard also offers plenty of places to sit on a fine day. Grandkids will be enchanted by the little fairy gardens here and there is also a blackboard with a humorous quote of the day. “Irony – the opposite of wrinkly” tickled our funny bone.
On the menu are home-style bites like toasties and other easy snacks which are very reasonably priced. Breakfast is available all day. There is also a display cabinet brimming with cakes and slices. My husband and I both indulged in apple strudel for afternoon tea, as well as coffees. Unfortunately, we ate these too quick to take a photo!
The vanilla slices are also delicious.
There are some good quality teas also available, by the pot, like this chai tea.
The café also doubles as a gift store, offering some lovely homewares. I was eyeing up a wall clock, which my daughter bought me for mother’s day.
Red Retro Café in Currambine is a lovely little coffee shop. A perfect spot for a cuppa and cake or even a light bite to eat before shopping or visiting the neighbouring Grand cinemas for a movie.
Address: SP016 Currambine Central, 1244 Marmion Avenue, Currambine
Phone: 9304 2301
Open: Monday to Saturday, 8am until 4pm.
Grandchild Friendly: Yes, there are kids menus, colouring in and highchairs.
- The Local on Waratah, Dalkeith - July 12, 2019
- Tiago Kitchen and Coffee House Joondalup - July 3, 2019
- Guildford Historical Precinct - June 30, 2019
- Guildford Town Garden Centre - June 30, 2019
- Padbury’s, Guildford - June 21, 2019
- Restaurants with Log Fires in Perth - June 15, 2019
- Dog Beaches in Perth - June 15, 2019
- Mundaring Weir, Perth Hills - June 7, 2019
- Kalamunda History Village, Kalamunda - June 7, 2019
- Tom’s Kitchen at Fairbrossen, Carmel - June 6, 2019