My husband and I were at Currambine Central shopping Centre and stumbled upon Red Retro Café, found right behind Chapters Restaurant (formerly Basq restaurant). The quaint little café is a breath of fresh air, as most shopping centres are full of the usual chain-coffee stores. The cute, mismatched furniture gives it a cottage café feel. There are plenty of tables, as well as some comfy sofas, with low tables, perfect for a quick drink.
A small courtyard also offers plenty of places to sit on a fine day. Grandkids will be enchanted by the little fairy gardens here and there is also a blackboard with a humorous quote of the day. “Irony – the opposite of wrinkly” tickled our funny bone.
On the menu are home-style bites like toasties and other easy snacks which are very reasonably priced. Breakfast is available all day. There is also a display cabinet brimming with cakes and slices. My husband and I both indulged in apple strudel for afternoon tea, as well as coffees. Unfortunately, we ate these too quick to take a photo!
The vanilla slices are also delicious.
There are some good quality teas also available, by the pot, like this chai tea.
The café also doubles as a gift store, offering some lovely homewares. I was eyeing up a wall clock, which my daughter bought me for mother’s day.
Red Retro Café in Currambine is a lovely little coffee shop. A perfect spot for a cuppa and cake or even a light bite to eat before shopping or visiting the neighbouring Grand cinemas for a movie.
Address: SP016 Currambine Central, 1244 Marmion Avenue, Currambine
Phone: 9304 2301
Open: Monday to Saturday, 8am until 4pm.
Grandchild Friendly: Yes, there are kids menus, colouring in and highchairs.
- The Seniorocity Guide to Whiteman Park - May 15, 2019
- The Best Swap Meets in Perth - May 13, 2019
- The Best Garden Centres in Perth - May 8, 2019
- The Round House, Fremantle - May 8, 2019
- Red Retro Cafe, Currambine - May 7, 2019
- The Seniorocity Guide to Kings Park, Perth - May 7, 2019
- Motor Museum of Western Australia, Whiteman Park - April 30, 2019
- Zamia Café, Kings Park - April 30, 2019
- Margaret River Chocolate Co, Swan Valley - April 30, 2019
- Purple Goat Cafe, Hillarys - April 30, 2019