Sayers Food first opened in Leederville in 2006. An eclectic cafe with a loyal following, it is renowned for its breakfast menu. We called in for an early weekday lunch before catching a movie at the nearby Luna Cinemas.
The cafe has a choice of seating areas; inside has a lovely atmosphere but can be a little noisy, outside there are tables at the front of the cafe if you like to people watch, or there is a quieter area down the side of the cafe which opens into a small courtyard. The alley down the side of the cafe is quite narrow, so it could be a mission to navigate it with a wheelchair or walker. It must also be noted that the toilets are also behind the courtyard, again this could make for some tricky manoeuvring if you need wheelchair access.
Ordering is done at the counter, which groans under the weight of decadent cakes and sweet temptations, and there is a water station where you can help yourself to filtered water.
Only wanting a quick, light lunch we opted for the duck liver parfait with cheddar, pear chutney and toasted ciabatta ($17.50). Our food arrived quickly, along with our coffee. The food was beautifully presented and tasted as good as it looked, and the coffee (Five Senses) was rich and smooth. Looking at the food on other tables, everything looked so fresh and vibrant I wish I had the time and appetite to sample more.
On this occasion, being time poor, we were unable to sample the cakes unfortunately, but, sat under their glass domes, they looked so tempting and definitely homemade. We will definitely be back for a return visit very soon.
Address: 224 Carr Place, Leederville
Phone: 9227 0429
Email: [email protected]
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday
Breakfast: 7am -11.30am
Lunch: 11.30am – 2.30pm
Breakfast: 7am – 11.30am
Lunch: 11.30am – 3pm
Breakfast: 7am – 2.30pm
Counter Lunch: 11.30am – 3pm
Parking: Street parking, or nearby car park.
- Big 4 Ocean Beach Holiday Park, Denmark - April 19, 2019
- Paperbark Merchants, Albany - April 19, 2019
- Ellen Cove Boardwalk Trail, Albany - April 19, 2019
- Emporium Bistro, Bridgetown - April 19, 2019
- Bremer Bay Beaches Resort and Tourist Park - April 19, 2019
- Albanys rugged coastline, and my exhausting attempt to conquer it. - April 19, 2019
- Desert, River, Sea. Portraits of the Kimberley at Art Gallery of WA - April 12, 2019
- The Brig Amity Replica, Albany - April 4, 2019
- The Aftermath Film Review - April 4, 2019
- Dumbo Film Review - March 29, 2019