Found at the quiet end of Lake Street, Tarts in Northbridge is a lovely spot for a coffee or a bite to eat. It’s a peaceful area of inner Perth, just around the corner from leafy Hyde Park, making it a great spot to pair a cuppa with a walk. The inviting café has plenty of seating and a few cosy nooks. The café also doubles as a gift shop, with some lovely items of clothing and other bits and bobs to buy.
If the weather is fine, you can enjoy the sunshine in the lovely courtyard area, out the back.
The brunch and lunch (from 11.30am) menus has all sorts of tastebud tempting dishes – pancakes, eggs benedict, salads, pasta, paninis and much more. If you pop in for morning tea, like we did, there is a cabinet brimming with a choice of pastries, cakes, slices and biscuits.
We enjoyed a chocolate and date slice with our cuppas.
The coffees are good – we had a latte and flat white. There’s a range of teas and soft drinks available too.
I’ve heard that the high teas are very popular at Tarts and their floral china tea sets look the part.
After your visit, take a walk around the lakes at Hyde Park, an easy 5 minute stroll from the cafe. It’s an easy, flat walk, with a lot of water birds along the way. Its approx. 800 meters around the lakes, so you may even want to walk more than one lap – especially if you indulge in something sweet at Tarts!
Tarts Northbridge – The Details
Address: 212 Lake Street, Nothbridge.
Phone: 9328 6607
Parking: we walked to the café from Hyde Park. There is paid street parking on Lake Street.
- The Beach House, Jindalee - January 23, 2020
- The River, Margaret River - January 21, 2020
- Voyager Estate, Margaret River - January 21, 2020
- 10 Things to do with Grandchildren in the Perth School Holidays - December 20, 2019
- Little H, Duncraig - December 9, 2019
- Tarts, Northbridge - December 4, 2019
- Historic Pubs in Perth - December 4, 2019
- Indoor Markets in Perth - December 3, 2019
- Hyde Park Walk - December 3, 2019
- Swan River Walk – Optus Stadium to Claisebrook Cove - November 28, 2019