Though it was an uncharacteristically overcast summer’s day, we headed for a drive up the coast. With all the new beach-side estates, comes many new ocean-view cafes and restaurants to enjoy – like The Beach House in Jindalee. Found at the Eden Beach Estate foreshore, the modern building is impressive. As we enter, we notice there’s an abundance of vibrant green indoor plants, as is the trend.
The Beach House is home to a large bar, high share tables, a more formal inside dining area with table service (and an ocean view) and a casual alfresco area.
We found a table in the alfresco area. It’s an open space, though sheltered from the gusty sea breeze, with it’s north facing position overlooking the park and kids’ playground (which our grandson loved). The menu offers share plates and many favourites – porterhouse steak, parmigiana, risotto, burgers, as well as some interesting dishes. Gluten free and vegetarian options are also available.
My daughter enjoyed a light pomegranate, spiced cauliflower and labne salad, ($18) with an option to add chicken for an additional ($5).
I loved the thick flakes of the golden beer battered fish – complete with rustic fries, plentiful fish, a dressed side salad, tartare sauce and a wedge of lemon.
Afterwards we took our grandson to the playground and had a wander around the park and to the beach. There’s plenty of BBQ facilities around, its a lovely spot for a picnic.
We were all pleased with our tasty lunch. I also found that service was friendly, engaging and efficient – a staff member even joked I had to pay $5 to take a photo! The Beach House in Jindalee sure is a picture perfect place for a meal.
The Beach House – The Details
Address: Eden Beach Foreshore Park, 100 Aurora Esplanade, Jindalee
Phone: 0460 824 824
Access: Disabled Parking, ramp and toilet.
Grandkids: Kids menus and highchairs are available. A large playground is found opposite.
Dogs: Are welcome in the alfresco area, dog bowls are available.
- The Seniorocity Guide to Hillarys Boat Harbour - February 26, 2020
- Food Box Delivery Services in Perth - February 26, 2020
- Lot One Kitchen, Hillarys - February 19, 2020
- Flinderz Cafe, Hillarys - February 19, 2020
- il Lido, Cottesloe - February 15, 2020
- Channel 7 Mandurah Crab Fest - February 14, 2020
- Seniorocity’s Guide to Scarborough - February 14, 2020
- Monty’s, Scarborough - February 11, 2020
- Wild Fig, Scarborough - February 11, 2020
- The Seniorocity Guide to Cowaramup - February 5, 2020