The Kewdale Tavern is perhaps not the first place that comes to mind when thinking of a place to enjoy lunch. Unless you work in the Kewdale industrial area, you might not even be aware of this pub, which enjoyed a big redevelopment several years ago. The modern Tavern has an open sports bar area, as well as a dining area and outside courtyard.
There is plenty to choose from on the menu, whether you’re dropping by for a bar snack or something more substantial. If you have a gluten intolerance, you’ll be pleased to know that most of the dishes are free from gluten. I had the fish of the day ($32), which was barramundi, served with boiled potatoes and a vegetable broth. This was a tasty dish.
My husband ordered the beef cheek ($29). The tender beef is oven braised with herbs and port wine for 12 hours. Served with aromatic vegetables, a Scotch egg, wilted spinach, parsnip puree, lotus chips and a rich port jus. While my husband enjoyed this, he was disappointed the Scotch egg was not traditionally made (with sausage meat) and the serve was a little on the light side. It would be great to see it with a more substantial mash, instead of the puree.
If you have grandchildren in tow, The Kewdale offers a kids menu. My grandson enjoyed the slider and chips.
The staff were friendly and the service prompt. If you’re in the area, you can expect better than average pub grub here. And a plus – you can use the Entertainment Card here too.
The Kewdale Tavern – The Details
Address: 139 Kewdale Rd, Kewdale.
Phone: 9353 1100
Parking: There is plenty parking available in the carpark.
- The Kewdale Tavern, Kewdale - August 14, 2019
- Fika on Brix, Beckenham - August 14, 2019
- The Henley Brook, Swan Valley - July 25, 2019
- Senior Park at Jo Wheatley All Abilities Play Space, Dalkeith - July 22, 2019
- The Local on Waratah, Dalkeith - July 12, 2019
- Tiago Kitchen and Coffee House Joondalup - July 3, 2019
- Guildford Historical Precinct - June 30, 2019
- Guildford Town Garden Centre - June 30, 2019
- Padbury’s, Guildford - June 21, 2019
- Restaurants with Log Fires in Perth - June 15, 2019