Whilst bustling pub The Merrywell may not be an obvious choice for dining at Crown Perth, we’ve enjoyed a few casual lunches there. It can be packed to the rafters on Friday nights and weekends, though we find it a good spot for a quiet mid-week lunch.
There’s plenty of beers on tap, as well as wines, cocktails, soft drink and ciders to choose from. Tea and coffee is also available.
On the menu you’ll fins American-style pub grub. There’s share food like mac and cheese bites, buffalo wings with blue cheese fondue and tacos. If you feel like something larger there are salads, fish and chips, pasta and steak dishes. One of the favourites are the big burgers and award winning steak sandwich.
We sat outside in the leafy courtyard. There’s plenty of shade and tables.
The smoked Pork Belly Rib ($40), is delicious served with lashings of Watermelon BBQ Sauce. The cut of meat being pork belly, meant that there is quite a bit of fat. On the side is grilled corn, and more-ish onion rings. In future I think I’d make a different choice.
We also tried the special, chicken sanga (available until April 14th), which went down a treat! ‘Darling’s Fiery Kickin’ Chicken sanga’ ($25) was created by West Coast Eagle player Jack Darling and $5 from every sanga sold, goes to Telethon. A crispy chicken schnitzel is topped with melted Swiss cheese, smoked mozzarella, fresh lettuce, tomato, and a caper mayonnaise. Shoestring fries and a chilli cheddar dip are on the side.
If you’re at Crown Perth for a punt on the pokies or a even a staycation, the Merrywell is a tasty spot for a casual bite to eat.
Address: Crown Perth, Great Eastern Highway, Burswood.
Phone: 1800 835 579
Disabled Access: Yes.
Distance from Car Parking area: Free parking is available at the old Burswood dome site. There are lots of acrod spots here too.
Grandchild Friendly – Yes, kids menu, highchairs and colouring in.
- The Kewdale Tavern, Kewdale - August 14, 2019
- Fika on Brix, Beckenham - August 14, 2019
- The Henley Brook, Swan Valley - July 25, 2019
- Senior Park at Jo Wheatley All Abilities Play Space, Dalkeith - July 22, 2019
- The Local on Waratah, Dalkeith - July 12, 2019
- Tiago Kitchen and Coffee House Joondalup - July 3, 2019
- Guildford Historical Precinct - June 30, 2019
- Guildford Town Garden Centre - June 30, 2019
- Padbury’s, Guildford - June 21, 2019
- Restaurants with Log Fires in Perth - June 15, 2019