Hidden away in a northern suburbs shopping centre is a lovely little gem. In what used to be a local kebab shop, the spot at Marmion Village Shopping Centre has transformed itself into a café – Village Coffee. The bright and airy cafe is just a few hundred meters from the ocean, making it a good spot to get a takeaway and go for a walk along the coastal footpath.
Here, the staff are pleasant and efficient. The menu is all-day brunch style, with options like granola, big traditional breakfasts, French toast and more. There are several lunch options too, offering rolls, wraps, sandwiches and salads. There’s lots of freshly baked slices and cakes in the cabinet too. Brilliant green indoor plants decorate the café, making it feel homely and inviting.
Their coffee is good, we also enjoy a rich hot chocolate, with marshmallows.
For morning tea, we enjoy a tempting slice of gluten free banana bread is toasted and spread with melted butter. It’s very fresh and tasty.
A croissant filled with gooey cheese and ham is also delicious.
For grandchildren, there is a small table at the back of the café where kids can play with toys or and some lovely books to read too. The bustling Village Coffee is pleasant place to meet for a coffee. I hear their food is very tasty too.
Address: 16/19 Sheppard Way, Marmion Village Shopping Centre, Marmion.
Parking: plenty of parking at the door in the large car park
Grandchild Friendly: Yes, kids menu, high chairs and toy corner.
Dog Friendly: There are a couple of outside tables.
- Sittella Winery, Herne Hill - February 18, 2019
- Mount Helena Tavern, Mount Helena - February 18, 2019
- Kapitol Kitchen, Wanneroo - February 15, 2019
- Mount Flora Regional Museum, Watermans Bay - February 15, 2019
- Bump In Burger, Woodvale - February 13, 2019
- Zephyr Café, East Fremantle - February 10, 2019
- Cup and Co, Innaloo - February 6, 2019
- The Little Bay, Watermans Bay - February 5, 2019
- Epicurean, Crown Perth - February 5, 2019
- Mistelle at Hainault Vineyard, Bickley Valley - February 4, 2019